Have you written a book that you’d like Valley Bookseller to carry?
We at Valley Bookseller love to support local/regional authors and their published work. We are so happy for you! To get your book in our store, please thoroughly read and follow the steps below.
1. Please don’t stop by the store unannounced or call about your book and/or the possibility of a book signing. Unsolicited books will not be accepted, and if you leave one anyway it won’t be returned. This is not meant to sound unfriendly or harsh, but we are a very busy and thriving bookstore and our booksellers don’t have time to assist with author inquiries. Thank you for being respectful of our staff and their time.
2. Make sure your book fits our criteria
- We no longer accept books on consignment.
- Only books available via Ingram will be considered.
- We will not accept books published by Amazon or any of its imprints, including Createspace. Amazon does not support independent bookstores in any way, and in fact would like to put our bookstore and all other independent, brick-and-mortar retailers out of business. View Amazon's impact in Minnesota, based on a 2019 report co-sponsored by The American Booksellers Association and Civic Economics.
3. If your book is regular discount/returnable at Ingram and you believe it is a good fit for Valley Bookseller, please email email@example.com with the following info:
- Author name
4. We will respond by email if we decide to carry your book. You’ll be asked to drop off a complimentary copy that we’ll place in the appropriate section of the store for a 3-month trial. Placement and display of your book is at our staff’s discretion. If your book sells within that 3-month window, we’ll order another copy from Ingram. If it doesn’t sell, it will be removed from our inventory and donated.
5. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we cannot reply to those authors whose book we’ve chosen not to carry. If you haven’t heard from us in 2 weeks, please assume we’ve decided not to carry your book.
6. If we do decide to carry your book, remember that we now have a partnership. We ask that you encourage friends and family to purchase your book from our store. Please include in your marketing materials that the book is available at Valley Bookseller. We would appreciate it if you would link your book to our website, valleybookseller.com.
Here is an informative article on marketing your published book: https://www.minnpost.com/artscape/2023/08/you-birthed-a-book-and-its-being-published-now-what/
Are you looking to self-publish your book? Valley Bookseller cannot advise you about self-publishing nor offer manuscript assistance. IngramSpark accepts manuscripts for their publishing program. Please visit their website for more information.